Monday 24 September 2012

Sunshine and Barrels

After what has been and generally always is 3 months of 2ft sloppy beach breaks, the Autumn/Winter swells have finally arrived with a solid ground swell, backed up with a 14 second period, made its way to Irish coasts lighting up the dormant reefs that we have waited so patiently for over the summer period.

From what I have heard people were scoring pumping waves from Kerry to Donegal putting smiles on faces that have been longing for some good swell to arrive.

I have recently devoted myself to chasing swells around the country but on this occasion I was glad that I only had to travel down the road to find epic waves on every point/slab/beach as far as the eyes could see.

Here's a few pics from the day....

The 'Loid doing its thing.....any takers?

A rarely surfed spot due to its shifty peaks but on the occasion nothing but perfection

I don't think I have ever seen this spot this good, it was so much fun

Lauren's 

Aileen's


No comments:

Post a Comment